An antique, hand coloured steel engraving of Beleigh Abbey, near Maldon, in the English county of Essex.
Beeleigh Abbey (as it is now spelt) was a monastery constructed in 1180 for the White Canons, otherwise known as the Norbertines or Premonstratensians. The order linked the change of the separate life of monks in the 12th century with the retrospective life of the friar, who was considerably more active.
Drawn by W Bartlett and engraved by C Mottram.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 17.5cm x 12cm
Mount size: 28cm x 23.5cm