The Glastonbury Market Cross replaced an earlier 16th century structure, which was demolished in 1806.
Later in the 19th Century, T Porch, the proprietor of Glastonbury Abbey proposed erecting a new Market Cross on the same site. It was erected in 1845 under the supervision of Ferrey. It is built of Bath stone.
Lithograph by G Hawkins, printed by Day and Haghe.
Published circa 1846.
Hand coloured. Framed.
Print size: 33cm x 20cm
Frame size: 46cm x 32cm