Entitled Suspension Bridge, Over the Thames at Hammersmith, this hand coloured, antique steel engraving shows a view of the bridge, complete with small river craft and people in period dress. It was drawn by T Shepherd, engraved by T Higham, and published in 1828 by Jones & Co, London.
Construction was started in 1824, and the bridge was finally opened in 1887, so this print is probably an artist's impression of what it would have looked like on completion.
Print size: 16.5cm x 11cm
Mount size: 26.5cm x 22.5cm