A hand coloured, antique engraving of Lowther Castle, the seat of the Right Honourable Earl of Lonsdale.
Lowther Castle is in modern day English county of Cumbria. It only became designated as a castle with the current building which was finished in the early 19th century. A century later it was closed due to the financial extravagance of the 5th Earl of Lonsdale. In WW2 a tank regiment was stationed there. It is now a managed ruin.
Drawn by W Daniell, RA, engraved by H Wallis, and published by E Churton, London, circa 1836.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 18.5cm x 13cm
Mount size: 33.5cm x 29.5cm