An antique map of Brighthelmston surveyed by Yeakell and Gardner. This is a lithograph published circa 1850, after the original map of 1779 by Whitchurch. There is a small panorama of the town with a viewpoint from out at sea at the base of the map. The road into Brighton town centre cuts straight through what was to become the Pavilion Estate, and is continous into Great West Street. The original farmhouse that the Prince of Wales bought through Louis Weltje is where the Pavilion now stands. It is represented by a rectangle with two small bay windows on its eastern side, together with a circular line on its eastern front - the garden fence. Framed.
Map size: 34.5cm x 31cm
Frame size: 48.5cm x 43.5cm