A hand coloured, steel engraving of a view the Derbyshire spa town of Matlock Bath from the Black Rocks.
Originally built at the head of a dead-end dirt road running alongside the valley of the River Derwent from Matlock itself, the locality developed in the 19th century as residential and a spa town.
Engraved by Newman & Co, London, in 1870 and published by W Bemrose & Son, Derby.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 12.5cm x 9cm
Mount size: 24.5cm x 22.5cm