A hand coloured, antique steel engraving of Mount Radford College, Exeter.
Banker and MP John Baring (1730–1816) rebuilt the 16th century house in the modern Georgian style and added a carriage drive from Magdalen Street, lined with cedar trees.
In 1826 the house became a school, known variously as "Mount Radford School", "The Exeter Public School" or "Mount Radford College". The school remained extant in nearby buildings after Mount Radford House was demolished in 1902. A famous Old Radfordian pupil was the comedian Tommy Cooper.
Drawn by WH Bartlett and engraved by W Taylor, and published circa 1836.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 16.0cm x 11cm
Mount size: 26.5cm x 22.5cm