An antique, hand coloured aquatint of Brighton Pavilion gardens and stables. The stable is now the Brighton Dome concert venue, and this view is from the south side of the stable complex.
This grand riding school and stables were designed by John Nash in an Indian style, and built between 1803 and 1808.
After completion of the stable block and riding school, Nash went on to redesign and greatly extend the Pavilion, which was completed in 1822.
This print is from a drawing by Augustus Pugin and aquatinted by T Sutherland. Published in 1824 by J Nash Esq.
Print size: 35cm x 22.5cm
Mount size: 46cm x 35cm