An antique, hand coloured map of the English county of Staffordshire. The maps from this series were originally engraved in c.1694 for John Seller's 'Anglia Contracta'. Nearly a century later, the plates were given a new lease of life when they were amended and printed on a page of historical text for Francis Grose's 'Antiquities' series, as is this example. This edition 1785. Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 22.5cm x 15.5cm
Mount size: 37cm x 29.5cm