A hand coloured, steel engraving of a view across the river Derwent of the Derbyshire spa village of Matlock Bath.
Originally built at the head of a dead-end dirt road running alongside the valley of the River Derwent from Matlock itself, the locality developed in the 19th century as residential and a spa town.
Engraved and published by Newman & Co, London, in 1869.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 10cm x 8cm
Mount size: 23.5cm x 22cm