A hand coloured, antique steel engraving of The Ship Hotel and Kings Road Brighton, looking east. Engraved by T Jeavons after RH Nibbs, and published by W Grant circa 1845. The Chain Pier is visible in the background. The Old Ship Hotel is believed to date from 1559, as an unnamed house owned by Richard and John Gilham. It is the oldest hotel in Brighton, and the first known record of it was in 1665. Framed.
Print size: 17cm x 12cm
Frame size: 29cm x 25cm