A hand coloured, antique steel engraving of Tree Court, Christ College, Cambridge. Published circa 1858.
Christ's College was founded by William Byngham in 1437 as God's House. In 1505, the college was granted a new royal charter, was given a substantial endowment by Lady Margaret Beaufort, and changed its name to Christ's College, The college is renowned for educating some of Cambridge's most famous alumni, including Charles Darwin and John Milton.
Mounted. Ready to frame.
Print size: 15cm x 10.5cm
Mount size: 28cm x 24.5cm